Make battered ika
A tasty fish recipe to try!
This battered ika is sure to be a whānau favourite.
You will need
Equipment: A fry pan, medium bowl, wooden spoon and spatula.
Ingredients: 2 fresh fish fillets, ½ cup flour, 1 egg, ¼ cup milk, a pinch of salt, and 4 tablespoons of oil.
What to do
- If needed, clean, scale, gut and fillet your ika.
- Break your eggs into the bowl, then add the milk and beat well.
- Add the flour and a pinch of salt, then beat to form a smooth batter.
- Heat your pan to medium, and add the oil.
- Wash your ringa (hands) and dip your ika into the batter, covering it thoroughly then gently shaking to remove any excess.
- Carefully place your battered ika into the hot pan and cook for three minutes on each side, turning with your spatula.
- Finally, turn off the element and serve up!
Your battered ika are now ready to enjoy.