Play this traditional game!
Ko te mutunga oranga he timatanga kaha — Winning starts with beginning
< Back to all activities
Your challenge: stack rocks or stones as high as you can without them falling over.
You will need
- 5-7 kōhatu (rocks or stones) that are big enough to stack on top of one another
- A friend or whanau-member to play with (or you can play by yourself)
Have some fun!
- See how many kōhatu you can stack without the tower falling over.
- Make a tower that leans…
- If playing with someone else, time each other or race to build the highest stack.
- Take turns adding a kōhatu, until someone makes the tower topple! The other person is the winner!
For other fun traditional Maori games go to www.r2r.org.nz