Ngā rau toi
Create some leaf art
Turn colourful Autumn leaves into a work of art.
You will need
- A table or bench to work on
- A large piece of paper is best (but smaller is kei te pai)
- Leaves of different shapes, colours and textures and a few twigs
- Coloured pencils, crayons or felts
- PVA or craft glue
What to do
- Draw a big tree trunk with branches on your sheet of paper.
- Carefully find spaces for your leaves and twigs.
- One by one, use the craft glue to stick the items to your page.
- When finished leave to dry.
Put a strong leaf under your paper then rub the side of a crayon over the top.
Trace around a little leaf. Place a bigger one over the top and trace around it again. How many sizes can you add? Try colouring each section a bright rainbow tae (colour).