The All Right? Campaign is undertaking a piece of research into the wellbeing of the Rainbow community in Christchurch. The Campaign has carried out similar research with other communities over the past six years and now we are keen to understand how the LGBT + community is faring in post disaster Christchurch. In particular, we want to know what LGBT+ people identify as their strengths, what changes the community would still like to see, to hear about any emerging issues which impact on the wellbeing of the Community and to consider how the All Right? campaign could positively contribute.
The research process is made up of three major components:
- Interviewing a range of key informants to gather a broad brush picture of what is currently happening in Christchurch and to guide the focus group direction.
- Running focus groups with a diverse range of community members to gather qualitative and quantitative evidence and feedback.
- Engaging the community with an online survey to compile quantitative evidence to further inform and test our findings.
This is an invitation to Christchurch Rainbow community members to participate in the focus groups. They will run for approximately two hours and there will be snacks and (non-alcoholic) refreshments. We will also provide a small koha.
The focus group discussions will provide us with both qualitative and quantitative data to support the final report and recommendations. The discussions will be recorded but kept anonymous, no names will be used in our reporting. The final report will be shared with all participants.
All focus groups will run from 6 – 8pm.
- 28th September: LGBT+ parents
- 8th October: 40+ women and those who identify as non-binary
- 10th October: 40+ men and those who identify as non-binary
- 12th October: 14 – 25 year olds
- 17th October: Takatāpui, Pacifica rainbow community
- 19th October: anyone who can’t make the above dates or doesn’t identify with those groupings
Community and Public Health, 310 Manchester St, unless otherwise notified.
Numbers are limited so please email email@example.com if you wish to attend a particular focus group. Groups are primarily arranged by age and life experience – if you are unsure which group to register for, please feel free to contact Suran.
All Right? Campaign Manager