Share a little aroha
E iti noa ana nā te aroha — Small gifts given with love
< Back to all activities
Make a gratitude card for someone close to you who has done something kind, cool or helpful.
You will need
- Paper or card
- Felts, pens or pencils
- Glue and scissors
- Optional: glitter, and other decorations such as wool and ribbon
Tips for making Matariki cards
- Fold your paper or card in half.
- Cut some star shapes out of another colour.
- Paste the star shapes onto your card.
- Trace around the edge of the star.
- Add some shapes with your glue, then sprinkle with glitter.
- Glue on other decorations (for an awesome shooting star, draw lines or glue wool trailing behind your star).
- Write your thank you message inside the card. Share the aroha.